CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Rewind and Replay

Since I didn't start my blog when planned because of a busy and crazy end to a semester, I thought I would catch everyone up on what I have been up to with school, projects, and fun! I love to share my projects with everyone, especially after putting so much time into them. One project that took up a lot of time at the end of last semester was for my Advance Visual Media class, we had to create a website. So if you want to see my projects for this class take a look at www.teeanngiggles.com Although this project took over forty hours, there was another project in taking the rest of my free time. Lets just say I didn't get much sleep that last few weeks of school.



As many of you know I am minoring in Culinary Arts and I absolutely love it!!! Every time I am in the Culinary Kitchen hours and hours go by, it seems like only a few mins and I love every single minute I am there. This last semester I was in a Cake Decorating class, what a blast! This class makes me wish I had a nice big kitchen where I could make cakes all the time. Here are some pictures of some cakes I made over the semester...







 






























































Now for the project that caused me to get very little sleep along with my website. The Cake Decorating class had the opportunity to participate in the Horticulture Department's Spring Bridal Show. For the show you could either place a cake in a themes room or in the halls, I choose to participate in a themed room. The themes of the rooms were the days of creation, the room I was to do a cake for was the third day, the creation of plants. I was to incorporate the colors brown, pink, orange and lime green. I wanted to do something fun but also symbolic of the them, so I tried to have my cake portray the growth of a flower. The base is the dirt with vines crawling up the cake and pillars reaching to the flower. The next tier (petal shape) is representing the flower. And the third tier represents the inside of the flower (pollen). I wasn't so sure of my cake once it was done, especially since most everyone else went with the traditional elegant look and mine was more different then the traditional. However, once the bridal show came and I was able to see the cake in the decorated room with flowers and decorations, everything tied together and looked beautiful. I was so excited! My room took place in the jungle, a beautiful green oasis with a running waterfall and bridge. It was such a blast and I would love to do it again. It is rewarding seeing every one excited about your work.

I will post pictures of this soon!

1 comments:

Schagel Family said...

I love looking at your cakes. You did such a great job. I can't wait until you post the pictures of the bridal show cake. Great job!!!